Never Apologize For Being You

If you spend your life trying to please everyone, making yourself smaller, or quieter, or less in some way then you limit yourself and your potential.


Do You Feel Pressure to Fit In?

The world today is full of people who are different to us and have different expectations of us. If you spend your life trying to please everyone, making yourself smaller, or quieter, or less in some way then you limit yourself and your potential.

Don't Ever Apologize For Being "YOU"

I have spent way too many years saying "I'm sorry" for way too many things! At times it feels like I've used it as a punctuation mark or a way to excuse having an opinion on something that might be different or less acceptable.

Part of this is the baggage that comes from being a woman who grew up in a conservative, male dominated home. Part of it comes from being a people pleaser. Part of it comes from lack of confidence in myself. Part of it is feeling that my opinion doesn't really count in the grand scheme of things.

You have spent too much of your life making yourself smaller to try to fit in - it's time to stop that and claim your place in this world

Becoming Older and Wiser

Midlife comes with a few bonuses - one of those is that I don't have to apologize as much any more. I can accept myself and my opinions - I know I have worth, I've put in the hard yards and I'm entitled to speak up. I also know that I am more aware of when to keep my mouth shut - so if I think I have something worthwhile to say, then I don't want to have to feel apologetic for speaking out. A considered opinion has value - and so does the person giving it - and that would be me!

Let's celebrate the women God made us to be - let's be the best we are capable of being and get on with living life to the full. If we unintentionally hurt someone in the process, then we deal with that and make amends. If we bother people because they are narrow minded or uptight or miserable, then that is their issue and we have to let them deal with it. 

Don’t you dare Shrink yourself For someone else’s comfort - Do not become small For people who refuse to grow.

What Do You Think?

This is the only life we have, we are the women we were created to be - let's get out there and get on with the business of living joyfully and abundantly! Are you going to live life to its full potential? Let's stop shrinking and start living in all our vivid and glorious colours.

If you spend your life trying to please everyone, making yourself smaller, or quieter, or less in some way then you limit yourself and your potential.
    
Wisdom and Warmth - a blog for those looking for ways to live life in full bloom.