7 Quotes About Contentment

7 Quotes about the being content with what we have - without comparison or envy.

Contentment

Contentment comes from living simply, from gratitude for what you have, and from distancing yourself from envy and comparison.

Our world wants us to always be wanting more, instead of grasping and discontent, we need to appreciate all that we already have and give thanks every day for the blessings in our life.

Have you thought about what you're grateful for today?

What if I all I really want is a small, slow, simple life? A mediocre life. A beautiful, quiet, gentle life. I think it is enough.

"What if I all I really want is a small, slow, simple life? A mediocre life. A beautiful, quiet, gentle life. I think it is enough." ~ Krista O'Reilly-Davi-Digui

It is impossible to live a pleasant life without living wisely and well and justly. And it is impossible to live wisely and well and justly without living a pleasant life.

It is impossible to live a pleasant life without living wisely and well and justly. And it is impossible to live wisely and well and justly without living a pleasant life.” ~ Epicurus

Contentment is an awareness of sufficiency, a sense that we have enough and we are enough.  It is appreciating the simple gifts of life-friendshiop, books, a good laugh, a moment of beauty, a cool drink on a hot day.  Being contented, we are free from the pull of greed and longing.  We trust that life provides what we need when we need it.  Contentment allows us to experience satisfaction with what is.

"Contentment is an awareness of sufficiency, a sense that we have enough and we are enough. It is appreciating the simple gifts of life-friendshiop, books, a good laugh, a moment of beauty, a cool drink on a hot day. Being contented, we are free from the pull of greed and longing. We trust that life provides what we need when we need it. Contentment allows us to experience satisfaction with what is."  ~ Linda Kavelin Popov

my heart is settled. I don't feel the need to strive, to prove my worth, to compete with anyone, or to relate to people whose values constantly clash with mine. I can actually feel my heart calming, it feels warm, it feels relieved, it feels.....content

"My heart is settled. I don't feel the need to strive, to prove my worth, to compete with anyone, or to relate to people whose values constantly clash with mine. I can actually feel my heart calming, it feels warm, it feels relieved, it feels.....content" ~ LLC

To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion, to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly, to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart, to bear all cheerfully, to all bravely await occasions, hurry never. In a word, to let the spiritual unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony.

"To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion, to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly, to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart, to bear all cheerfully, to all bravely await occasions, hurry never. In a word, to let the spiritual unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony." ~ William Henry Channing

It's okay to be happy with a calm life

"It's okay to be happy with a calm life" ~ Unknown

Contentment is calm, it's quiet, it's serene, it's peaceful - and it's easy to live with. It nestles quietly in my heart and reminds me how blessed I am to finally be able to live life on my own terms - authentically.

"Contentment is calm, it's quiet, it's serene, it's peaceful - and it's easy to live with. It nestles quietly in my heart and reminds me how blessed I am to finally be able to live life on my own terms - authentically." ~ LLC

Some Further Reading About Contentment

7 Quotes about the being content with what we have - without comparison or envy.


Wisdom and Warmth - a blog for those looking for ways to live life in full bloom.